Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
Modified from Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe
1 can pumpkin puree 1 C Light coconut milk
2 eggs ½- 3/4 C monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar*
2t pumpkin pie spice ½ t sal
9-inch pie shell of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, eggs, salt, and pie spice.
- Add milk and sugar. Mix well.
- Pour into defrosted, uncooked pie shell.
- Place on lined cookie sheet to prevent any mess if spilled. Bake 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 350 and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely before refrigerating. DO NOT try to taste when hot from oven, you WILL BURN YOURSELF.
- If you use maple syrup, reduce milk by ¼ -for example use ½ C maple syrup, use ¾ C milk. Increase both cooking times- 20 minutes at 425 degrees and 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees
- You may use whatever sweetener you like.
- We are using lite coconut milk in place of evaporated milk. Evaporated milk has 60% of its water removed, making it creamier but not fattier. That is why the lite coconut milk is being used. You may use other non-dairy substitutes, but they will increase the cooking time due to the extra moisture in them.