Good Morning Everybodeeeee!!!!!!
I decided not to be on a soapbox today and give you some recipes to make your life a little easier to stay on your health journey. When I committed to writing Food for Freaks Like Us, it was with the understanding that I was only going to write out the recipes that were simple and fast to make since ‘nobody has time to cook, much less eat healthy’. There are a few recipes that take a considerable amount of time (50 minutes total, due to the process needed to make it taste KILLER), but for the most part, they’re simple, fast, and little clean up. The other way I have been writing out recipes is for my 30 minute Skype cooking classes. I personalize 20 minute meals for clients who want healthy and uncomplicated yet full of flavor.
So, if you have 20 minutes, here are a couple of meals for you. And if you like them that much, I have an ebook of Food for Freaks Like Us available for $5 and I do personalized Skype cooking classes 5 for $175. Contact me @ AdrienneFalconeGodsell.com.
Sample Skype Lesson Recipes
8 OZ BABY BELLA MUSHROOMS 4 OZ MANCHEGO CHEESE
OLIVE OIL SEA SALT AND BL PEPPER
- PREHEAT OVEN TO BROIL.
- THICK SLICE MUSHROOMS AND PLACE ON COOKIE SHEET.
- DRIZZLE WITH OLIVE OIL SALT AND PEPPER.
- THINLY SLICE OR SHRED ON GRATER MANCHEGO AND PLACE OVER MUSHROOMS.
- PLACE UNDER BROILER ON SECOND TO TOP RACK, UNTIL CHEESE IS MELTED.
CHICKEN, SPINACH, TOMATO, WALNUT
6-8 OZ CHICKEN BS BREAST OR TENDERS 1 LG OR 2 SM BAGS BB SPINACH
2 ROMA TOMATO, SM DICE 3 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
3 TBSP WALNUTS, CHOPPED OLIVE OIL
HERBAMARE CHICKEN STOCK OR
- MINCE GARLIC AND DICE TOMATO.
- SEASON CHICKEN W/HERBAMARE ON BOTH SIDES.
- PLACE 2 TSP OLIVE OIL IN SAUTE PAN AND HEAT ON MED HIGH. WHEN HOT, ADD CHICKEN AND SAUTE 5- 7 MINUTES.
- TURNOVER, ADD GARLIC, SPINACH AND ¼ C BROTH OR WATER. COVER AND COOK 3-5 MIN.
- STIR, ADD TOMATO AND WALNUTS. COOK 2 -3 MINUTES UNTIL MOISTURE IS COOKED OFF.
And here are a few raw recipes:
1 BU SWISS CHARD, CHOPPED IN 2 INCH SLICES 1 LEMON, JUICED
2 TBSP WALNUTS, CHOPPED 2 0Z GOAT CHEESE (OPTIONAL)
2 TBSP OLIVE OIL SEA SALT AND BLACK PEPPER TO TAST
- CHOP SWISS CHARD BY ROLLING TOGETHER AND PUTTING 2-3 SLICES LENGTH WISE. THEN CHOP INTO ‘RIBBONS’ ABOUT 2 INCHES THICK. PLACE IN LARGE SALAD BOWL.
- SPRINKLE WITH SALT PEPPER AND WALNUTS.
- POUR LEMON JUICE OVER MIXTURE AND THEN THE OLIVE OIL.
- TOSS TO COMBINE.
- FINISH WITH OR WITHOUT THE GOAT CHEESE.
3 MEDIUM TOMATOES 1 SM CUCUMBER
½ SM RED ONION ¼ C CILANTRO
½ RED BELL PEPPER 1 GARLIC CLOVE
1 LIME JUICED 1 TSP CHILLI POWDER
1 JALAPEÑO, SEEDED SEA SALT TO TASTE
- Small dice tomatoes. Put in mixing bowl.
- Seed and dice cucumber, and bell pepper. Fine dice red onion. Chop cilantro. Place in mixing bowl. Seed and dice jalapeño. Add to bowl.
- Combine rest of ingredients, pour into blender 2 C at a time, and blend at high speed for 20 – 30 seconds.